 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 18
17  |  19
Subject:
Mumble, mumble, Lego reps and shopping experiences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:03:01 GMT

Hi all,

It would be useful to me at least for some Sydneysider to indicate
where the better Lego shopping is. I mean, Toys'r'Us by Moore Park
is the best I've seen, and that was not very good compared to
Wellington (NZ) where I lived last year. Is there anywhere that
has a decent selection, ideally some older stock, and better still
cheapish prices?

Perhaps we could compare specials when we see them, because I buy
Technic so it's no harm to me if I see something I can't buy to point
it out to you people.

And yes, if there's something reasonable I will buy several. I
have a big pile of various sets that are excellent value and
went on sale for 20%-50% off at one stage.

Other comment is that yes, in some circumstances Lego will do a
"special order" of exactly what you ant. Depending on size it
may need management approval, but that's usually forthcoming.
And their max order is about $5000 AUS as far as I can gather,
unless you're doing a very special big project. They don't like
buying for resale, though.

Moz