 Local / Australia / 7960
Re: *****Lego World Show!!!***** /Jan 11 - Feb 2/ 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 22:37:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
LEGO World Show
Centre Stage, january 11 - february 2
The amazing LEGO World Show is coming to Indooroopilly!

Curiously all the publicity up on the walls at Indooroopilly says 14 Jan to
2 Feb, as does their WWW site. So I dunno what the dates really are.

They have those little fliers floating around on the counters in some shops,
myer toy section was where I picked it up in.  But I've seen them in other
stores too, least expected stores even.  So maybe someone stuffed up?

I also got a letter from Lego about this (same dates Mel gives), inviting me
to attend a preview and 20% sale on Jan 10 3-5pm. I presume the letter went
to Lego World Club members living "locally" (by whatever definition this
is).

I wonder where it will go next?  I wonder if it's the only one going to be
on in Brisbane, it could be the case.  I am sure they'll accept anyone in
the Brisbane area, they can't tell where you are from anyway.  But don't
forget to bring that letter to get in and 20% off :P  I'm sure they extend
the 20% off once it's over for the previewers, it's usually the case.  I'm
sure Myer is behind in it and will want to cash in as much as poss,
considering the toy department is just a little distance away.

Do you reckon it is worth going to this preview, as opposed to going some
other time? Do you think the 20% sale is exclusive to the preview (my
feeling is that it would be for the whole show)?

I dunno about that, all it means is you'd get to see it first but I've been
to previews before where in the end everyone just did what they wanted to
anyway.  How strict they'll be, I have no idea.  I'm sure the 20% off will
be for the whole show, I doubt they have loads of members around anyway.  Or
maybe it could also be their way of getting people in to the World Club?
But I kinda doubt that.  I don't think you can get too many people
interested in anything thinner than a toilet paper magazine.

Although we weren't thinking of having a January BUGs meeting, is anyone
interested in getting together to visit the Lego World Show and then coming
back to my place for a swim and S@H order if enough people are interested.
(I'm quite keen to get that MOC blacksmith shop, and I know Mark has a few
items on his shopping list). If so, when would people want to be doing this?
For the preview? At some later date?

Hmmmm sounds like a good time for some sanity.  In the next week or two
(OMG!!!) we'll be moving to a temp place (until the house is built - cause
our lease runs out in a few days here and they won't extend it for a short
time - GRRRR@THEM).  But for some weird chance if it all works out well, I
must just come along (depending on when and what date and how far I've got
on my situation).  So count me half in... maybe I'll need everyone to come
over here and help me pack aswell.... after all I live just down the road
hahaha j/k... come on, there could be Pizza involved! lol, hehehe

I think I'll need a swim after all the moving, though since I'm looking for
a temp place, maybe I could squeeze in a place with a pool - *drool*.

Mel (ooooh dreaming of an order I can't get for a long time).

Kerry