 Local / Australia / 7839
Re: Harry Potter sold out in Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 05:40:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I observe in the Brisbane Courier-Mail classifieds on Saturday that some
enterprising soul was trying to sell off a MISB Hogwarts Castle for a cool
$300. I wonder if there is anyone desperate enough to pay that kind of money
for it.

I reckon its a couple of weeks too early to go for such a high price...
there are still some appearing on the shelves... but I guess there are
plenty of people out there who don't know the retail prices as well as we do
(and plenty of people who aren't as patient).

Clearly someone at LEGO has seriously underestimated the demand for HP LEGO
(and not just in Australia)... a bad experience with SW Episode I LEGO perhaps?

(I note that HP has the advantage of being very close to Christmas.)

We can only ponder what the strategy will be with Ep II LEGO.

Cheers

Richie Dulin