 Local / Australia / 7712
Re: Best way to remove marker pen from Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:38:17 GMT

I did the washing machine thing to remove the dust, grime, and whiten • those
very-yellowed-whites as best I could, but I still have a number of bricks
which occur in highly visible parts of the models which have been written • on
with some kind of felt-tip marker pen.

After 30 minutes in the washing machine,I think I can say it is not
water-soluble. Any cleaning fluids that anyone can recommend?

Actually, it seems that the washing machine did make a difference. I had
washed with bleach, and although the marks were still on the bricks when
they came out of the wash, they did rub off with one of those kitchen pot
scourers which they would not do before. There are still very faint marks
where the writing was but you have to look very closely to see it. The
bricks in question were mostly 2x8 yellow slopes and the writing was on the
slope itself, and this is a slight matt surface compared with more gloss
surface of the side of a brick, so I was not too worried about scuff marks
from the pot scourer.

Kerry