 Local / Australia / 7705
Re: Best way to remove marker pen from Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:11:24 GMT

In article <GMF7yw.2y8@lugnet.com>, Kerry Raymond <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote:
I have recently got a couple of extremely well-used sets on ebay. (Translated
that means that their condition was far worse than advertised!)

I did the washing machine thing to remove the dust, grime, and whiten those
very-yellowed-whites as best I could, but I still have a number of bricks
which occur in highly visible parts of the models which have been written on
with some kind of felt-tip marker pen.

After 30 minutes in the washing machine,I think I can say it is not
water-soluble. Any cleaning fluids that anyone can recommend?

Kerry,
   One trick that may work is one I use when someone
accidentally uses a permanent marker on a whiteboard
- just take a whiteboard marker and write/scribble
over the marks on the bricks, then wipe off with a
cloth or something while it is still wet.  It might
take a couple of tries, but it seems that the whiteboard
marker uses the same solvent as permanent ones, and
thus you can get rid of the marks.

(also, you might want to be careful with other
cleaning fluids, just in case they are harmful to
our favourite plastic !)

David.

--
(david.cook at pobox.com)