 Local / Australia / 7703
Re: Best way to remove marker pen from Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:20:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I have recently got a couple of extremely well-used sets on ebay. (Translated
that means that their condition was far worse than advertised!)

I did the washing machine thing to remove the dust, grime, and whiten those
very-yellowed-whites as best I could, but I still have a number of bricks
which occur in highly visible parts of the models which have been written on
with some kind of felt-tip marker pen.

After 30 minutes in the washing machine,I think I can say it is not
water-soluble. Any cleaning fluids that anyone can recommend?

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond, Lady BUG
Lugnet Member #599

I have had some success with removing marks from black felt tip pens on
bricks by using a regular pink pencil eraser.  It does take the shine off of
a brick, but this can be easily remedied.  [Put a smidge of vaseline on your
finger, wipe it off and then rub your finger on the dullish brick surface.
This small amount is enough to restore shine without making the brick greasy.]

Please beaware that using a pink eraser can also remove the "real" print
from printed bricks.   Important to target only felt-tip areas and not
overlap into desirable print sections.

good luck!
sheree