 Local / Australia / 7572
Re: Afghanistan makes direct threat to Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:01:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
Kabul, Afghanistan---October 23, 2001.

A shocking development took place today as the ruling members
of the Taliban held a press conference threatening Australia if
its territory is invaded. Immigration Czar Mohammed Ali Momaluke
stated that the Afghan authorities "would not hesitate for a moment"
to cut off Australia's supply of cab drivers.

  Over here in the YooEss, the joke is that they're going to
  cut off our supply of convenience store clerks.  The cab
  drivers are generally African, West Indian, or Russian much
  more often than they're Muslim.

Bet their knowledge of local streets & language is somewhat similar though...

   Which "their", the store clerks or Africans/Jamaicans/Russians?

  By the way, has PM Howard sent off those SAS fellows yet?
  Terribly nice of Australia to send them over--how often do
  they get to go out for combat missions (I don't consider the
  East Timor thing "combat," really)?

Yep, said goodbye to them yesterday, along with all the other political
buffoons that are trying to impress us with their election campaigning. 8?(

   You got to say "goodbye" to your political buffoons?  You lucky
   sonuvaguns!  How did you manage that feat?  And where did you send
   them?  (Please, not here--we're already way above quota!)  ;)

   (Sorry, I saw the unintended possibilities and couldn't resist...)

   LFB