 Local / Australia / 7431
Re: HMLS Snottler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 01:42:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Oooh!  I *do* like the cut of that prow.  It's very "escorty"-
  looking indeed.  That forward mounting is quite excellent as well,
  and I like the raft platform aft.
Thanks!

  My only suggestion, if it's possible to do:  Can you lengthen it
  about 50%-66%?  I love the look of the fore but it just *screams*
  for a longer hull, given the freeboard and the general corvetteness
  of the ship's design (especially that superstructure and funnel,
  which look excellent)!  It's got a bit too much of a ship-cut
  to be a 'pibber (river boat)--though I can see how the structure
  plus the raft platform gives it that resemblance.
Thanks for the suggestions... I've got some more grey plates. Some technical
questions:

- where should it get longer -overall, foredeck, afterdeck?
- does it need extra width as well? (it would need to gain a bit to keep the
curve, but how much?)
- can you direct me to some suitable pics of the real thing?

  And...naturally, I'm dying for clearer pictures.  :D  Have you
  invested yet in a tripod (~AU$35)?
Yes, I've dug one out of a cupboard. I'm hoping that that, combined with
some sunlight will yield some better pics.

  Oh, and please don't put torpedoes on it.  I don't want to have to
  build any counter-escorts for my baby.  :D
Hmmm...  my attack sub, the Olbrook (see
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7536 and
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6043) is on its way to the
scrapyard now, so there would be a few torpedoes lying around...

Just out of interest, how would they be mounted on a boat/ship like the
Snottler (or Snottler V2)?

Cheers

Richie Dulin