 Local / Australia / 7428
Re: HMLS Snottler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:38:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Geordan Hankinson writes:
Hey cool! It's hard to see what's happening sometimes, the pics are a tad
unclear, but it looks really good none the less! I love the deck guns,
really neat. The hull looks really great as well,

Thanks, Geordan

I've still got to get this new camera sorted out. I think I need to work on
the lighting.

I was peekin' around in your Gallery a bit, your OLbrook submarine rocks!
that is so cool! The curves are so smooth and the hull has a beautiful
curvature to it, I love it! great work on both of your marine vessels

The Olbrook was built after a visit to Holbrook, NSW, and inland town named
after a WWI submarine captain. They boast the complete superstructure of an
Oberon Class submarine in a park in the centre of town*.

The Olbrook was originally built as a (surfaced) waterline model and the
hull added as an afterthought. It has now gone through two iterations. The
second iteration included SNOT building for the nose, a bigger hull, and a
lot more torpedos.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

*An interesting aside about Holbrook's submarine: About three years ago, the
Royal Australian Navy broke part of the steering mechanism on one of their
(then active) Oberon class subs, and took replacement parts from Holbrook's
sub - it was cheaper than maching new ones.