 Local / Australia / 7260
7259  |  7261
Subject:
Next Brisbane meeting - 21 October - Mostly Medieval
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:22:30 GMT

OK, based on responses so far ...

It seems like the best date is Sunday 21 October (sorry, Aaron),
commencing 10am. Please let me know by email if you will be coming so I
can:

* organise lunch
* give you my address

If you need transport and/or can offer a lift, please let me know so I
can coordinate this.

I claim the host's privilege of declaring the theme to be "Mostly
Medieval", reflecting my recent enthuasiasm for castles.

Obviously, this will please the CastleHeads (turrets?) among you, and
we'll be expecting a strong showing from the Tim Gould's of this world!
I'm sure you Townies will be able to contribute some of your less
contemporary structures.

For you TechnicsNuts and SpaceCadets and so forth, do not despair! Here
is a chance to come up with a medieval space vehicle (I'm seeing wood
panelling, I'm seeing gothic shapes, I'm seeing dragon's flame-powered).
Think of all those Leonardo da Vinci drawings of weird inventions. Now
this is a real test of your creativity! Don't let historical accuracy
impede you in any way!

Of course, you are welcome to bring other non-medieval things too; just
try to bring at least one medieval item!

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond, Lady BUG
Lugnet Member #599