 Local / Australia / 7261
Re: S@H delivery -- only 1 charge for many parcels?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:30:18 GMT

One of the items was backordered and they only
charged me for the one lot of postage as far as I can see from the
receipts.

With the exhorbitant cost of postage they are charging to Australia, I • hope
it would be the same, but worth checking out.

Indeed, I am wondering if backordering might be a reason why delivery is
so expensive, to cover the cost of multiple parcels if required.
Obviously S@H must know how many deliveries are required for each order
on average, and this can be factored into the delivery costs as a
standard multiplier.

For example, if half the orders were delivered as a single parcel, but
the other half came split over two parcels, then the one-off shipping
charge would have to be set as 1.5 times the actual cost per parcel. (Of
course, this is a simplification, assuming all parcels cost the same,
but you get the general idea).

Kerry