 Local / Australia / 7253
Re: best currently available sets to get arches?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 05:15:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Low replies to himself (umm-aah):
As far as I've noticed the only way to get castle wall elements is to
buy the Guarded Inn from S@H.

...and in a bulk purchase shipping costs might not be quite as awful.

Multiple Inns is the way to go I think. 7 x $38.50 + $90 = $359.50 ($51.36
each) With 247 pieces (bonus horse bonus horse!!) that's 21 centavos per
brick. Remember that each set has 5 classic castle walls, those sweet red
tudor walls, four classic castle figs, an absorbing little build and is a
PUB. Can you go wrong? I think not. *

Note that 3 inns will be $58.50 each, 4 inns will be $56 each and so on
(twenty inns would be $43 each -- and cost less than 3 blockade runners --
ah what a choice...)

For the arch-fiends:
2 black 1x3s, 1 lt grey 1x3, and 4 black 1x4x5 half arches (part #2339)

Another option is Hagrid's Hut ...
But not via S@H -- wait for a sale at the shops, this one won't be racing
out the doors IMHO. Cute set, not quite essential -- but I don't think any
AFOL can be without at least one Guarded Inn.

--DaveL (80s retro Castle fan -- member of the <set:6041> revival movement)

* Yes mine arrived today, yes I've built it and yes I think it's very cool
that when I come home I'll have a whole new way to convert my income into
plastic.