 Local / Australia / 7252
Re: S@H Australia is online + Bulk ordering offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:36:11 GMT

Ok I am confused.

I would be part of a bulk purchase.

My order would be exactly this:

1.
Guarded Inn
Item#: 10000
Price: AUD 38.50
Amount  wanted : 2
Total price: AUD77.00

2.
Luke Skywalker Key Chain
Item#: 3914
Price: AUD 5.50
Amount  wanted : 3
Total price: AUD16.50

TOTAL: $93.50

So if anyone from Melbourne wants to contact me, then this is my order.

Thanks
George Georgiou

James Ng <james_ng@start.com.au> wrote in message
: Hi,
: The conversion of the LEGO items it great, I like the certain prices which
: are farily cheap, the shipping just wrecks it all. You would most likely
: want to order in 2-3's so you divide the shipping in 2 or 3, is much
better.
: Things that interest me are:
: 10001 Metroliner
: 10002 Club Car
: 10019 RBR
: 10000 (Maybe, cause hey its classic castle)
: 6290 get it before they go again!
: Plus $50AU worth of spruce trees to make a forest.
: But the shipping is too much, I have got a friend in Germany who can order
: it for MUCH cheaper. So it depends. Myself I will probably order thourg
: Germany unless a couple of people want to order with me? I prefer people
: from Melbourne.
:
: James
:
:
: In lugnet.loc.au, Brad Linsley writes:
: >Above about $600AU, it's cheaper to pay the GST rather than splitting the
: >order into sub $400AU lots.
: >
: >Just did a few calculations, and bulk ordering will only benefit those
: >wanting something cheap like a couple of service packs. Otherwise, the
: >savings will be disolved by local postage and packaging.
: >
: >An order of $309AU, with postage $90AU gives a total of $399AU (assuming
no
: >GST for sub $400AU orders). This case you pay a 29.03% overhead. That is,
: >every $1 you spend on LEGO, you add another 29c to cover S&H.
: >
: >Say a bulk order was placed for $930, postage $90, GST $102, total $1122.
: >Overhead is 20.65 cents per dollar. You save less than 9c per dollar
spent
: >on LEGO. After repacking and sending to each person, that 9c will be
reduced
: >to say 5c per dollar, meaning for all the hassle, you save a lousy 5%.
: >
: >So, unless you only want a few cheap items, you might as well order
: >individually as the savings will only be a few dollars per person.
: >
: >And exclusives/service packs will be the only worth while things to
order,
: >as ozBrick's and local dept store prices are cheaper than S&H for regular
items.
: >
: >
: >-Brad
: >
: >
: >>the ordering etc. He also mentioned that you'll need to be careful to
keep the
: >>orders to a maximum of about AU$400, or customs'll start charging GST on
top.
: >>
: >>I dunno if you'd be willing to track the orders by location,
distributing
: >>Melbourne orders through Ozbricks, and everything else yourself? Or some
other
: >>combination? The reason being intra-state post costs are considerably
lower
: >>than inter-state. Of course it makes things a bit more complicated for
you, so
: >>please feel free to say no!!!
: >>
: >>I think I'll be trying an individual order first anyway, just to see how
things
: >>go.
: >>
: >>ROSCO