 Local / Australia / 7208
Re: S@H Australia is online + Bulk ordering offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 02:30:02 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Brad Linsley writes:
Just checked out S@H for Australia and the shipping charges are astronomical
for small orders, $50AU shipping for a $25AU order. However, there is a
$90AU limit, as any orders over $250AU ship at $90AU, no more.

So the obvious as already been suggested in previous posts, gather a group
order. Problem is, who orders ?

I run a Brickbay store (Technic / Castle Wreckers) and I am quite willing to
co-ordinate bulk ordering, as I too, don't know anyone else that is bulk
ordering. My feedback on Brickbay is around 105, eBay is 43, should anyone
need reassurance.

I will draft up a proposal by the weekend and post it on my store home page
(http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=praetorian). Bascially, there will be a
small charge (a few $$ per order), up front payment in $AU only plus a few
extra $$ to pay for repackaging materials. Postage costs will be whatever
Australia Post charges, no more. Orders from my local area (Newcastle) may
pick them up from me directly. Orders should reach you about 3-4 days after
I receive the delivery.

If anyone is interested, please send an email to the below address. If
something has already been organized by someone else and I missed the post,
please let me know.

Thanks Brad. I've also contacted Michael from Ozbricks.com (Melbourne), and he
said he'd be willing to re-distribute bulk orders, as long as someone else does
the ordering etc. He also mentioned that you'll need to be careful to keep the
orders to a maximum of about AU$400, or customs'll start charging GST on top.

I dunno if you'd be willing to track the orders by location, distributing
Melbourne orders through Ozbricks, and everything else yourself? Or some other
combination? The reason being intra-state post costs are considerably lower
than inter-state. Of course it makes things a bit more complicated for you, so
please feel free to say no!!!

I think I'll be trying an individual order first anyway, just to see how things
go.

ROSCO