 Local / Australia / 7240
Re: Can someone explain Australian Lego Pricing to me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:18:11 GMT

Some of the stuff is cheaper.
But stuff we can buy in stores in Australia is more expensive on S@H once
you figure in postage etc.
Plus S@H minimum shipping is $50 so we need to order large quantities to
make it worth while..

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
Hi, calling from the UK.

Can you explain the Lego pricing for Australia on shop at home?

1. Do I presume they include no sales tax - or GST as you now have? As a • side question, is GST as well as VAT, or
instead of VAT?  Do I assume the prices are free of any tax, and that as • other posts have implied you would be
responsible for any duty/tax on import?
2. If you added in the appropriate taxes, how do the prices on shop at • home compare to the price for the same item in an
Australian store?

The prices for Lego on shop at home for Australia are significantly • cheaper than the UK, and the USA, and I was trying
to understand the reason. (seeing as Lego wont tell me!)

regards
lawrence