 Local / Australia / 7238
7237  |  7239
Subject:
Can someone explain Australian Lego Pricing to me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:43:53 GMT

Hi, calling from the UK.

Can you explain the Lego pricing for Australia on shop at home?

1. Do I presume they include no sales tax - or GST as you now have? As a side question, is GST as well as VAT, or
instead of VAT?  Do I assume the prices are free of any tax, and that as other posts have implied you would be
responsible for any duty/tax on import?
2. If you added in the appropriate taxes, how do the prices on shop at home compare to the price for the same item in an
Australian store?

The prices for Lego on shop at home for Australia are significantly cheaper than the UK, and the USA, and I was trying
to understand the reason. (seeing as Lego wont tell me!)

regards
lawrence