 Local / Australia / 7220
Re: S@H is finally here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 23:09:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Zac Soden writes:
Well here I am, typing a post to lugnet and browsing the Australian S@H
catalogue.

It is here! I can scarcely believe it...

One of the first things I checked was the shipping prices and was shocked to
see that they want 60 bucks from us for a medium sized order. What a rip off!

I like the "Chose from these fast, convenient shipping methods" heading,
followed by *one* option. Certainly, there would be cheaper methods than
"Express", let's hope they offer them as well in the future.

A heap of us SE Queenslanders may have to purchase togethter to decrease the
shipping prices. Quick, everyone reply so that we can get some bricks bought
and not have to pay heaps of shipping!

It's the only way to go at these prices. No doubt some discussions will take
place amongst the Sydneysiders at Studfest X.

Excluding shipping, the prices are not bad at all, and there is plenty of
stuff we  can't find in Australia. Even if you add GST, there is some
potentially good value (if shipping & handling can be minimised).

(And even with shipping, the Blockade Runner compares well with the US price.)

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Formerly cynical about the introduction of S@H to Australia.