 Local / Australia / 6980
Re: Myer/GB 20% off Lego until 16th September
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 01:09:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
See the Myer "the toys edition" catalogue, on sale until September 16th, p3.
There are some samples listed (Bob, Bionicles, Dinos, Jack Stone, Soccer
Field) under the heading 20% off Lego.  I have verified in store that it is
20% off ALL Lego.

I was back to GB's yesterday for yet another Birthday present for a four
year old (there seems to be a lot of them at the moment).

I got the Jack Stone Res-Q Towtruck, because that was much better than the
Jack Stone Helicopter. Neither is anywhere near as good as Max's Pit Stop
(which I couldn't get, because I got it for this particular 4 year old's
best friend last week).

The creator sets seem really good for the 4-6 age group, they've got a good
selection of pieces (most of which I wouldn't mind), aren't juniourized and
the figues look like they attach to other bricks (ever tried to sit a Disney
figure on another brick?).

OT: But probably of interest, I got a Powerhouse Museum newsletter
yesterday. They are getting the Star Wars: Magic of Myth exhibition. No
date, but I presume next year (to coincide with ep2?).

Cheers

Richie Dulin