 Local / Australia / 6961
Re: RIS v2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:46:55 GMT

..and that is what I asked LEGO Australia a month or two ago and was told
that they don't have a plan to release it here this year, and are not even
sure about next year.. As I can remember, I think it had something to do
with the fact that a lot of people will find that V2.0 is incompatible with
their PC's? I remember it had something to do with Windows compatibility...

I believe that the RIS 2.0 replaces the previous paralell port (or is it serial
port) IR tower with a new IR tower that uses USB.
USB is only supported in newer computers and newer versions of windows.