 Local / Australia / 6960
Re: RIS v2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:11:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Michael Golaszewski writes:
..and that is what I asked LEGO Australia a month or two ago and was told
that they don't have a plan to release it here this year, and are not even
sure about next year.. As I can remember, I think it had something to do
with the fact that a lot of people will find that V2.0 is incompatible with
their PC's? I remember it had something to do with Windows compatibility...

Michael Golaszewski
...from ozBricks.com

The thing that excites me (in a strange sort of LEGO way) about the RIS 2.0
are the 3 (primary) cool looking new robots (Wall climber, bungee jumper,
and t-rex) that are featured on the site (and box??). [yes I know that some
of the models require multiple RCX's and motors.. I just want to BUILD them!!].

As an existing owner of 2 x RIS 1.5 I would hope that LEGO Australia would
at 'least' release an upgrade kit with Constructapedia and maybe CDROM.
Heck, I'm a MacOS users but I'll live with LEGO stubbornly delivering
Windoze based products.

Play Well (and often),

Ed.