 Local / Australia / 6951
Re: TRU Chatswood 23/8 (and QLD)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:46:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Toowong has everything Kerry mentions and also a
David Jones.

I guess I forgot about DJs at Toowong, because it's the worst selection
and the most overpriced. I wouldn't put it high on any Lego-shopping
expedition, other than the humour value of watching them try to sell
Lego (or toys generally) for higher prices than the K-Mart a few metres
away. I can only assume that DJ's toy customers are predominantly
DJ-snobs, who wouldn't shop anywhere as downmarket as K-Mart and hence
not realise that they are paying through the nose.

Nah, nah, nah... ya got it all wrong ;P j/k... DJ's is GREAT for price
matching :)))) trust me hehe. I am a fan of DJ's.

Unlike Myer, they will price match some amazing prices... which does make
their original prices look... 'ouch'.  The thing I like is that when someone
does have a great sale or price, go into DJ's who will have a few copies of
whatever (usually anyway) and if the other store has sold out and you missed
out... chances are you could possibly walk into DJ's and get them to price
match :)))

I did this with 4229 which was $53.64 and TrU had them on sale for $23 :)
And they priced matched two boxes for me (that's all they had left).  And a
few more sets in the past too.   So there you go.  They can be good for some
things.

Mel

Kerry