 Local / Australia / 692
Re: Back from 3 BIG W's ($1.88 news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 05:14:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
.....last night I bought some of those tiny sets from Big W at Erina
on the Central Coast...dont know the numbers...but they're called Lego
Impulse.....normally around $3.45....when I took them through the
checkout....they charged me $1.88 each....?????
I found out...all of those size sets are $1.88...!!!!!
They have heaps there.....from Ninja....to Wild West....Adventurers....to • Space

and is it just the tiny sets??

Yes and No, basically Yes, they are-
1183 - Adventurers - The Egyptian dude wheeling his micro-puramid around.
1186 - Ninja - warrior with gold antlers and sword-cart.
1182 - Adventurers - Tan raft with bondage implements.
1184 - Ninja - red/green torso warrior and 1 x 1 cyl-projecting cart.
1180 - Spaceport - idle technician delivering a translucent pizza on go-kart.

5918 - Scorpion tracker was $4.87, good value tools,vehicle,large crate and
      two scorpions ! (I'm sure this was $7-8 before ?)

Big W Penrith had 1 x 1186, that's it, no shelf labels.
Big W Narellan had the 5 sets above shelf-labelled,I cleaned them out.
Big W Campbelltown had none of the above sets (they had fright nights though!)

So as you can see it's hit or miss, if the first Big W has nothing, move on.
Or maybe ask Kev to get some from Erina in time for LegOz 2000.3

I'm pretty much outside the catchment of Big W (without making a special
trip). If someone could grab me as much of the following as possible I would
greatly appreciate it (and will of course settle debts at L.2K.3):

2x1182 (well-equipped raft)
1x1183 (pyramid cart)
1x6791 (bandit's wheelgun, assuming this is the tiny western set Kev meant)

thank you kindly,
Dave