 Local / Australia / 6509
Re: Ship's Chandlers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 02:38:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Having consulted the local ship's chandlers, it
seems we are well stocked in most of the requisites, but for windows.

Square and arched latice windows of the sort required for the heavy duty of
maritime service are not easily found.

I've been experimenting with the old 4x1x2 lattice fence pieces on end for
use as ship's windows. I haven't yet come up with a solution which doesn't
leave an ugly gap between the two panes, but the maths always works with
LEGO eventually, so it will just be a matter of finding the right blend of
1x1 with hole, 1x1 headlight bricks etc.

(They work quite well mounted normally in window openings for pirate buildings).

You too, eh?   I've been wrestling with this one for quite a while.  Here
are a few versions I've come up with (colour scheme just to illustrate
different types of pieces):

1) Fences held at the top by five-stud 1x1 - gap btw fence and frame, but
not too bad.  Rickety though.

2) Similar, using 1x1 beam and half-pin.

3) Fence not actually attached, but with pieces under it to wedge it behind
a window.  The DAT file makes it look like it won't fit, but it will, just
tightly.  Needs 2-wide wall.

None of the above is a perfect solution, but I hope they might get your
brains working.  Anyone else who's had a crack at the problem, please share
your findings!

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey