 Local / Australia / 6503
Re: Ship's Chandlers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:48:01 GMT

Hi Richard,

I picked up four white ones a about 12 months ago on ebay in pirate piece lot.
They came in handy for the BSB I was rebuilding. You'll just have to keep a sharp
eye out
on all the usual lego haunts and not expect to get a bargain.

Speaking of unusual quantities of hard to find parts, I came across a fellow on
brickbay a while ago
who was offering large quanties of a part I had been having a hard time finding more
than one or two of.
It was the red 2x2 flat flag/flap. My BSB needed about 8 of them and this fellow was
offering 200 at 5 cents each.
I should have grabbed all of them but only took 100. He also had the larger 4x4
white flag/flap for 10 cents.

So it's true that one man's trash is another's treasure, those square and arched
latice windows will turn up
cheap and in quantity one day, just like guarded inns.

Mark H.

Richard Parsons wrote:

After something of a hiatus, marked by the construction of WWII vessels as
well as starships and other spacecraft, there is once again a bustle around
the slips at Port Block, as fitting out begins on new three centre section,
wide, brown-hulled ship.  Having consulted the local ship's chandlers, it
seems we are well stocked in most of the requisites, but for windows.

Square and arched latice windows of the sort required for the heavy duty of
maritime service are not easily found.

Now I know they're ludicrously hard to come by, but serendipity demands that
I just check, and be sure that no-one has fallen unexpectedly into a large
holding of such windows, and is on the point of deciding what to do with them...

Richard
Still baldly going...
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/welcome.htm