 Local / Australia / 6502
Re: 1st huge 'find' at a sale.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:34:16 GMT

Hey Ed, Welcome to Lugnet.

As far as Lego bargains go, Retail sales and good deals are usually
mentioned by one of us on Lugnet here. Say for example the present Stocktake
and % off slaes going about. Like i saw theArtic base that retails for about
$140 on sale for half price in Myers down here.

As far as second hand stuff go, places like the north rocks sunday markets
are very hit and miss. Though occaisionally you do come across some good
hits like you've just done. Other markets that may be sutiable to you are
the Trash and treasure that runs out near blacktown, they'r ehuge from
memory of when i was there last.

Newspapers are also viewable online, the places that Are worth looking at are:
Ebay - http://www.ebay.com.au
Sold.com.au - http://www.sold.com.au
Stuff.com.au - http://www.stuff.com.au
Murdoch papers - http://www.newsclassifieds.com.au
Tradingpost - http://www.tradingpost.com.au (or
http://www.trading-post.com.au for melbournites)
I'm sure there's more, and I'll leave it to the others to add to this list.

Hope it helps and good luck finding something special.

Santosh
In lugnet.loc.au, Edward Cox writes:
Just had to share, or gloat, with the rest of you my very first ever LEGO find.
Whilst being dragged through a trash and treasure market in North Rocks this
morning (Sunday 8th) I nearly fell over a shopping bag on the ground of one
of the stalls. It contained a wide assortment of LEGO parts. I tried to
haggle with the seller but managed to get it down to $15.00 for a 1.5KG bag.
Wheels, transparent blocks, plates, half chewed minifigs, but overall I feel
it was good value. I hope that I stumble across this type of find again soon.

Does anyone else have ideas where to look for old LEGO bargains?

Regards,

Ed.