 Local / Australia / 6508
Re: Ship's Chandlers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:29:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Having consulted the local ship's chandlers, it
seems we are well stocked in most of the requisites, but for windows.

Square and arched latice windows of the sort required for the heavy duty of
maritime service are not easily found.

I've been experimenting with the old 4x1x2 lattice fence pieces on end for
use as ship's windows. I haven't yet come up with a solution which doesn't
leave an ugly gap between the two panes, but the maths always works with
LEGO eventually, so it will just be a matter of finding the right blend of
1x1 with hole, 1x1 headlight bricks etc.

(They work quite well mounted normally in window openings for pirate buildings).

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork