 Local / Australia / 6498
  Ship's Chandlers...

After something of a hiatus, marked by the construction of WWII vessels as well as starships and other spacecraft, there is once again a bustle around the slips at Port Block, as fitting out begins on new three centre section, wide, brown-hulled (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

Hi Richard :-) I've been on the lookout for rectangular lattice inserts for a while at Brickbay, and they come up in ones & twos every now and again. I tend not to bother with small volumes like that... On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Richard Parsons (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

Hi Richard, I picked up four white ones a about 12 months ago on ebay in pirate piece lot. They came in handy for the BSB I was rebuilding. You'll just have to keep a sharp eye out on all the usual lego haunts and not expect to get a bargain. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

(...) I might have one or two of them to trade with you. I own a Black Seas Barracuda which sits idol-like on my top shelf but my brother once got a governor ship which got destroyed when our dog attacked it *audience hushes in shock*. If I can (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

(...) I've been experimenting with the old 4x1x2 lattice fence pieces on end for use as ship's windows. I haven't yet come up with a solution which doesn't leave an ugly gap between the two panes, but the maths always works with LEGO eventually, so (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

(...) You too, eh? I've been wrestling with this one for quite a while. Here are a few versions I've come up with (colour scheme just to illustrate different types of pieces): (URL) Fences held at the top by five-stud 1x1 - gap btw fence and frame, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)