 Local / Australia / 5879
5878  |  5880
Subject:
'Ozbricks vs Sunburnt' - (was: Re: Vote for your favourite On-line store!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:30:02 GMT

Hmmm, I really had no idea about this...
Hasn't stopped people voting for them still..heheh

OK, hello everyone :)

Looks like a good event coming up this weekend in Melbourne, which is
looking like the LEGO capital of Australia with the amount of afol's coming
down. I was really hoping to go, but work commitments have made it very
hard..... I wish I knew earlier, I would have loved to setup some lego
animation on a giant screen... Maybe next time?

Speaking of animation, I have found a really cool movie called LEGOS are not
enough which is a short James Bond thriller - LEGO style! It is around 15
minutes in length and is very very cool. Over 9000 frames of animation went
into this movie. If you haven't seen it already, you can find it at
http://4guys1brain.cjb.net/ The downloads are available in sizes of 127mb
right up to 600mb if you want the high quality version. You can also
download a 5 MB real player file, but my reccomendation is at least the 127
mb mpeg file as the higher quality makes the movie really shine. The Real
Player version is rather choppy, and takes away from the movie. If I am able
to, I will transfer the movie to Video Tape, I'll do my best.

And, to the last bit. I am going to be hard at work for the next few months,
and hence, won't have much time to keep ozbricks.com running at peak
performance, so my suggestion is, well, maybe refocus on making it a
community rather than a store. So, it would be YOUR site now, a one stop
MEGA site. I have already a few people who want to contribute. What do you
think?

Ah well, time to go to sleep now.....

Regards
Michael Golaszewski