 Local / Australia / 5577
Re: Hi from Vancouver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 23:17:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
Hi all. I guess its about 6:30 am there while I'm writing this, so don't get
up...just arrived here yesterday driving up from California via Portland &
Seattle. Even starting to get used to driving on the wrong side (yeah,
Larry, I *know* it's the *right* side). Had a good time at the LUGOLA
meeting at Brads place (just outside LA) there's some pictures floating
around on Lugnet somewhere.

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive, and tell those
Welshishish to get ready for another routing in June...

ROSCO

Rosco... say Hi to Vancouver for me....:  )
Go visit Stanley park at the Ocean End of the City.... down Geogia St....:  )
And if you can, get a ferry over to Nth Vancouver, get a bus up to the base
of Grouse Mountain... and get the gondola thingy to the top... it's worth
the trip... and along the way there, stop off at the Capilano Suspension
Bridge...

also, if you have the time, catch a Train from Nth Vancouver Rail Station up
to Whistler Village a coupl eof hours.... it's better than driving too as
you get to see the inlets and the huge likestone canyons with the rushing
water which you cant see from the road if you drive... spend the night there
if you can in the Village, and catch the gondola thingy to the top of Mt
Whistler and walk... well walk and climb to the summit..... it's the best
view at about 2500 metres up in the clouds...:  )

Well thats my 2 cents worth hope its of use to you Rosco...
Have fun....
Kev...:  )