 Local / Australia / 5233
Re: Worried about Jamie OBrien
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:23:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi folks,

I am seriously worried about Jamie OBrien.

I know it is not unusual for people to be away from their email, ICQ and
from lugnet for a few days or even weeks. But in light of what Jamie posted
right before he disappeared - http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=5070 and
http://news.lugnet.com/football/?n=146 (claiming he's just stuffing things
up) - as well as an ICQ message I got from him, apologizing for being a jerk
(which he wasn't! he hasn't done anything justifying an apology) - I'm
worried that Jamie might have hurt himself.

Well it's some relief that he posted something not soooolong ago I guess...
I read the two posts but with what you were saying Shiri it makes no sense!
He obviously has something bothering him, is it home life or Uni or????? I
dunno but I think he may need someone to talk to at the moment, if only he
could answer our emails or something.

He has not replied to ICQ messages or emails.

I have emailed him with still no reply's to two? email addy's I have.

Perhaps I am being paranoid, but I do recall that Jamie was having some
problems a while ago, and I don't think it should be ignored.

If anyone has any clue about him, what his phone number is, or any way of
contacting him, please, *please*, let me know or try to contact him yourself.

I have no idea except that he lives in Bundaberg.

I honestly don't know what to think, except hope that he's safe and sound.

Jamie if you are there and reading this, please answer our previous emails
so that we know you are still with us atleast, I am sure you know (if
reading any of our postings) that you have a few people who welcome you to
talk to them if you have any problems you'd like to get off your chest etc.
But please do some of us a favour and let us know you are ok!...

TIA and PLMK.

Mel... I don't know what to think either but does it seem like some small
cry for help? or is he just completely stressed out? :(

-Shiri