 Local / Australia / 5219
Re: First time Debit/Credit card user via the net...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:55:37 GMT

You can't receive funds of any kind.
They won't let you receive funds without registering a US Bank Account.
Before you use to be able to withdraw the funds to your Credit Card.
Hopefully we will be able to register an Australian Bank Account in the
future.

Aaron Coghill <cogs@fan.net.au> wrote in message
Thanks Jason, I was never going to use it for receiveing funds, as i knew • i
couldn't do anything with them.
Q) can you still reveive paypal credits, and use them later like • bartercard
credits?
Aaron

"Jason King" <jklugnet665@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
Australian users cannot accept payments through Paypal at all now. • Unless
you have a US bank account registered with Paypal. (And if you do let me
know how you did it :- )) )
But i have found it the easiest and cheapest for small amounts.

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Aaron Coghill <cogs@fan.net.au> wrote in message
I've used bidpay and paypal. The costs involved depend on the value of • the
exchange.

Paypal charge you for the cost of the transaction + 2.3% (approx) then
30UScents. ie, if you wanted to send $100 to someone then it would • cost
you;
100 + 2.3 + .30 = 103.6 of course all values are in US dollar. also if • your
not a payapl menber yet, after signing up you will have to wait 4-6 • days
confirm your registration.
Bidpay is eaiser to signup and will cost you $5 for each cheque that • is
sent
to the seller.
If you sign up to paypal, and receive credits for it you can only, use • those
credits to send to another paypal member. Aust members do not receive
cheques through paypal at the moment.

--
Aaron Coghill
Fire Chief - Kyola Department Emergency Services

"Melody Brown" <Black666beast@hotmail.com> wrote in message
G'day, if anyone can help me with the following info it would be • muchly
appreciated!  I am about to pay for a few lego goodies I won off • ebay
the
total of $13.35 US, who is the most reliable and cheapest to deal • with
regarding online transfers/payment scheme's???  I am not sure if I • should
go
with paypal or bidpay etc... anyone with some wise advise on past
experiences???   Many thanks... Mel