 Local / Australia / 5195
Re: First time Debit/Credit card user via the net...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 05:29:39 GMT

Australian users cannot accept payments through Paypal at all now. Unless
you have a US bank account registered with Paypal. (And if you do let me
know how you did it :- )) )
But i have found it the easiest and cheapest for small amounts.

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Aaron Coghill <cogs@fan.net.au> wrote in message
I've used bidpay and paypal. The costs involved depend on the value of the
exchange.

Paypal charge you for the cost of the transaction + 2.3% (approx) then
30UScents. ie, if you wanted to send $100 to someone then it would cost • you;
100 + 2.3 + .30 = 103.6 of course all values are in US dollar. also if • your
not a payapl menber yet, after signing up you will have to wait 4-6 days • to
confirm your registration.
Bidpay is eaiser to signup and will cost you $5 for each cheque that is • sent
to the seller.
If you sign up to paypal, and receive credits for it you can only, use • those
credits to send to another paypal member. Aust members do not receive
cheques through paypal at the moment.

--
Aaron Coghill
Fire Chief - Kyola Department Emergency Services

"Melody Brown" <Black666beast@hotmail.com> wrote in message
G'day, if anyone can help me with the following info it would be muchly
appreciated!  I am about to pay for a few lego goodies I won off ebay to • the
total of $13.35 US, who is the most reliable and cheapest to deal with
regarding online transfers/payment scheme's???  I am not sure if I • should
go
with paypal or bidpay etc... anyone with some wise advise on past
experiences???   Many thanks... Mel