 Local / Australia / 5191
Re: First time Debit/Credit card user via the net...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
G'day, if anyone can help me with the following info it would be muchly
appreciated!  I am about to pay for a few lego goodies I won off ebay to the
total of $13.35 US, who is the most reliable and cheapest to deal with
regarding online transfers/payment scheme's???  I am not sure if I should go
with paypal or bidpay etc... anyone with some wise advise on past
experiences???   Many thanks... Mel

Well, my problems with Paypal are well documented
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=4585 but I've had absolutely no problem with
Bidpay. You need to check before paying that they'll accept Western Union money
orders - they may charge extra to cover bank charges. And it costs US$5 per
transaction, which is not peanuts. Nice thing is they send an email as soon as
payment is confirmed, and most sellers will ship on receipt of the email.

Regards,

ROSCO