 Local / Australia / 5193
Re: First time Debit/Credit card user via the net...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:47:40 GMT

I've used bidpay and paypal. The costs involved depend on the value of the
exchange.

Paypal charge you for the cost of the transaction + 2.3% (approx) then
30UScents. ie, if you wanted to send $100 to someone then it would cost you;
100 + 2.3 + .30 = 103.6 of course all values are in US dollar. also if your
not a payapl menber yet, after signing up you will have to wait 4-6 days to
confirm your registration.
Bidpay is eaiser to signup and will cost you $5 for each cheque that is sent
to the seller.
If you sign up to paypal, and receive credits for it you can only, use those
credits to send to another paypal member. Aust members do not receive
cheques through paypal at the moment.

--
Aaron Coghill
Fire Chief - Kyola Department Emergency Services

"Melody Brown" <Black666beast@hotmail.com> wrote in message
G'day, if anyone can help me with the following info it would be muchly
appreciated!  I am about to pay for a few lego goodies I won off ebay to • the
total of $13.35 US, who is the most reliable and cheapest to deal with
regarding online transfers/payment scheme's???  I am not sure if I should • go
with paypal or bidpay etc... anyone with some wise advise on past
experiences???   Many thanks... Mel