 Local / Australia / 4745
Re: Anyone tried Western Union money transfers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:14:40 GMT

It costs me US$5 per transaction from Australia. I assume it's the same
wherever you send it from. Only restriction is they dont do private sales - the
sale must be "web-verifiable", ie an auction site or somewhere like brickbay.

And they have no problem with my VISA card 8?)

Regards,

ROSCO

In lugnet.loc.au, Mark Harrison writes:
Hi Jamie,

Have a look at bidpay. A brickbay buyer just used bidpay to send me a Western
Union IMO from Canada in US dollars. I don't know how much it cost him but he
said he uses this form of payment for all his purchases.

Mark H.

Jamie Obrien wrote:

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has sent money to the US using this service.
IMOs are fine and all, but this way you could literelly get money there for
eBay and other purchases MUCH more rapidly. My only concern is the hassle it
might be to the receivers of the money.

Jamie
<The aussie dollar may yet .45!!!!>