 Local / Australia / 4596
Re: 2001 Catalog (was Re: 8008 Stormtrooper at KMart Indooroopilly - $60)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:01:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
Kerry, I have a spare 2001 catalog you can have :)  I just received a
Japanese one today :))) rather cool even if I can't read Japanese and the
layout is a lot different from our catalogs, more so than any others I have
seen!

Where did you get the JapanCat ? Don't tell Ben ;^)

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I just saw a box of 8008 Stormtroopers being put on the shelves at KMart
Indooroopilly - $60 each.

He has a projectile that he can shoot. On the box, he is depicted at
shooting it into the round disc on the torso of 8007 C3PO, so it appears
these sets have some co-evolutionary relationship. My guess is that if you
hit C3PO's disk, something (dunno what) happens.

Robot violence ?

Has anyone seen the Life on Mars sets that have the "tube transport"? I had
a kid asking me about them. I guess he was talking about 7317 Aero Tube
Hangar?

That would be it. I saw them in a Toyworld, maybe your Gold Coast TW has it.

pete.w