 Local / Australia / 4593
4592  |  4594
Subject:
2001 Catalog (was Re: 8008 Stormtrooper at KMart Indooroopilly - $60)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:44:39 GMT

Kerry, I have a spare 2001 catalog you can have :)  I just received a
Japanese one today :))) rather cool even if I can't read Japanese and the
layout is a lot different from our catalogs, more so than any others I have
seen!

Mel

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I just saw a box of 8008 Stormtroopers being put on the shelves at KMart
Indooroopilly - $60 each.

He has a projectile that he can shoot. On the box, he is depicted at
shooting it into the round disc on the torso of 8007 C3PO, so it appears
these sets have some co-evolutionary relationship. My guess is that if you
hit C3PO's disk, something (dunno what) happens.

Otherwise nothing much interesting to report in my corner of the universe
(Indooroopilly). Lots of action wheelers, some race sets, some small Life On
Mars sets, other odds and ends. All the new Star Wars sets I saw the other
day have pretty much vanished off the shelves.

Has anyone seen the Life on Mars sets that have the "tube transport"? I had
a kid asking me about them. I guess he was talking about 7317 Aero Tube
Hangar?

Similarly, has anyone sighted a 2001 catalogue at any shop in Brisbane?

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond, Lady BUG
Lugnet Member #599