 Local / Australia / 4463
Re: Shareholder Discounts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:52:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
Coles Myer was a standard recommendation as a stock of choice for retiree
investment because of the discounts available at such a wide range of stores
(in addition to a good company performance but I believe that's changed a
bit of late!), and this would seem to have a lot to do with the blow out in
investors (i.e. many shareholders with small holdings).

Although the price has fallen lately, I've been told the dividends are still
quite good, and if you're lucky enough to have got the discount card as well,
it seems like a pretty reasonable investment. Damn.

ROSCO