 Local / Australia / 4456
Re: Shareholder Discounts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:10:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:

No info about employee discounts, but I know a bit about Coles Myer shareholder
discounts.

You need to buy 500 shares minimum (They're over AU$6 at the moment). You get
various dicounts at the various outlets. I think Target is 7.5%, Myer is mostly
10% (Including Lego!), can't remember the rest. Note that I don't have a card -
I borrow one from a mate occasionally 8?) And also note that this discount is
*additional* to any store / sale discount (Guess where I was Tuesday arvo!).

http://corporate.colesmyer.com.au/ms/pg318/DiscountCardInfo.html

Actually I just checked the fine print, and it seems there's some doubt as to
whether shares purchased after Oct 2000 make you eligible for a card. I'll
check into this some more...

We obviously need to set up an adoption agency.
Jamie and the BUGs can be adopted by Kerry.
I'm hoping to join the Bhat family as may other SLUGs/Studs.
Maybe Rosco's friend will have a tribe of MUGs around the table.

Rosco's last paragraph makes share ownership NOW appear as useful as an
Olympic Club Membership ever was.

pete bhat