 Local / Australia / 4454
Re: Shareholder Discounts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 00:51:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hi, over the last few months i've noticed that alot of stores have
Employee and Shareholder discounts (Never really cared before). Does
anybody have any useful information on what discounts stores offer to
employees. And how much stock you must own before you get a discount.
Any limits apply?

No info about employee discounts, but I know a bit about Coles Myer shareholder
discounts.

You need to buy 500 shares minimum (They're over AU$6 at the moment). You get
various dicounts at the various outlets. I think Target is 7.5%, Myer is mostly
10% (Including Lego!), can't remember the rest. Note that I don't have a card -
I borrow one from a mate occasionally 8?) And also note that this discount is
*additional* to any store / sale discount (Guess where I was Tuesday arvo!).

http://corporate.colesmyer.com.au/ms/pg318/DiscountCardInfo.html

Actually I just checked the fine print, and it seems there's some doubt as to
whether shares purchased after Oct 2000 make you eligible for a card. I'll
check into this some more...

ROSCO