 Local / Australia / 4401
4400  |  4402
Subject:
SAH and Train news from LA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:52:04 GMT

Hubby finally got through to LA's consumer line today by ringing the Trade
Sales number long distance and getting the lady to stick a note under the
nose of the Consumer lady across the room.  Whilst we're still not satisfied
as to their lack of a response after more than 12 phone calls and 6 messages
over a period of 4+ weeks, they rang back promptly and gave brilliant
service as usual.  But I digress.

Shop at Home:  Official launch is June/July, they're hoping for sooner but
that's the official timeframe in case of delays.  There is still uncertainty
as to whether we'll use an OS based service with shipping from within
Australia or whether a fully local service will be setup.  Given that, I'd
say the "sooner" is unlikely.

System Trains: New large shipment just in, they've got the Goods train,
$291.95, and the Station ($80) as well as lots of other train stuff, they're
mailing a catalog.  The only thing that wasn't available was a crossing of
some sort (I don't know whether that's a crossover rail or a level crossing,
I'm not familiar with what's normally available and hubby didn't think to
ask).  Prices include postage.

Service Packs: Still some of those SPs from late last year available, didn't
ask for specifics, but they're sending another list of those too.

Wrapping up another report from a member of the late-night brigade (we're
out in force tonight!)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com