 Local / Australia / 4408
4407  |  4409
Subject:
Difficulties getting hold of LA Consumer Affairs (Was: SAH and Train news from LA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:44:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
Yeah tell me about it... being trying to call them for days now...
<snip>

They said that there had been a major family crisis (I'll respect their
privacy and won't go into details), which had affected them over the past
week and a half, as it is a family business (the Consumer Affairs part I
guess) but that didn't explain the other 3+ weeks.  Apparently all calls and
messages are logged (and responded to), so it's a bit of a mystery why 6 or
more messages(one loses count after a while) had left no trace, they had no
explanation.

I'd assumed they were shut for the holidays which is why I hadn't been
hammering them with calls, we tried about 3 times per week and left a
message on about 50% of our attempts.  On discovering that they were open
and people had been talking to them we left one more (very displeased)
message with no response, and then rang the other number the next day.

But like I said, once we did get hold of them the service was fantastic as
usual.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com