 Local / Australia / 4366
4365  |  4367
Subject:
Fetid Backwater Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:29:10 GMT

From the land where lawn-mowing is a major recreational activity...
Penrith Plaza (early Friday morning):

Target:- no new catalogues, but all LoM sets were, bar the vacuum cleaner.
The box images really do the new sets justice, much better than the scanned
cat images viewed online. The new colours strawberry, blueberry and spearmint
all look very tasty.

Only a few of each nu SW set and these were squeezed in on top of the Technic.
The racks were full of Lego (note: these are small Target shelves), with
fluoro basic buckets all over the floor.

Blast from the past: At least 40 Sonic Stingers (6707) graced the shelves.
If enough people bought these, the night air could be filled by the sounds of
buzzing, humming abdomens replacing the long absent cicadas.
There is a new Duplo set that has a trans-clear greenhouse that may have some
crossover potential.

Grace Bros:- moving their Lego again, nothing new.

Big W:- stagnant, nothing new, one MB Blue Thunder.

TRU:- awaiting stocktake, barest I have seen it. MB shelves were full though.

World4Kids:- on Life Support, meant to be closing down like the others i/state,
the weak shall inherit the mirth.

pete.w (the babbling brook)