 Local / Australia / 4119
Re: Check those 50% off bins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:26:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
Are you joking??? Even $99 is a good price for a set this big! If you
honestly think that 8.5 cents per part is "almost reasonable" then I think
you're being unrealistic. The most efficient, rock-bottomest deal I've ever
done came out at around seven cents per part, and that was stock at 75% off!

Yeah, I wasn't being entirely serious.  For an everyday shopper that is an
awesome price, but we AFOLs are the cream of bargain hunters, are we not?
And as Melody Brown informs us, it is not the BEST price around.

Per part it works out great, but they're just not the parts I'm after at the
moment, so I guess it was a very personalised statement.  Sorry if I caused
any heart failure.

JEREMY : D