 Local / Australia / 4097
Re: Check those 50% off bins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:50:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
Both Myer and Harris Scarfe (Hobart) have "take a further 50% off" bins of
assorted toys, mostly junk but some smaller Lego sets.  Myer have Space Port
Astronauts and Satellites, KK Axe Cart and Flame Cart, a Duplo Western
cowboy canister half full with an odd assortment of Duplo wearing a LFF
Bluebell canister hat (!) and even a Mos Espa Pod Race (ok it's a large set)
but still at half off $227 better deals can be had on this I would expect
(on the mainland anyway).

Indeed, Myer Melbourne has the Mos Espa Pod Race marked down to $169.90
(before the 50% discount).  If you know someone who works at Coles (or any
other Coles/Myer store: Target, Officeworks, Liquorland etc) get them to go
shopping with you for an extra 10% discount.  My bodgy calculation skills
put the final price at $76.50 - almost reasonable!

Also have one last look in your local Safeway (Woolworths? Purity?) for
4816, 4817, 4818 and 4819 as they're clearing out at $2.25 and I picked up a
few stragglers just last week.

JEREMY : D
Special Agent#20637