 Local / Australia / 4072
Re: Birthday cake and delurk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:06:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
Welcome aboard, let your parents know there are Adult Lego Clubs in four
capital cities. Build the field and they will come.

I have found this to be true. The crowd of minifigs in my grandstand is
steadily growing, and has needed to be extended four times so far. Before
long, I'll need to equip those on the top tiers with airtanks and binoculars.

January 27 (Saturday) Excursion to Powerhouse with Victorian AFOL's.
January 28 (Sunday) Studfest VII in the Southern Highlands (SW of Sydney).
early April - Studfest VIII.

I visited the Powerhouse show for the second time on the weekend. The more I
look at the band, the more detail I see (control sticks for chest hairs on
the drummer, crystals as tuning pegs, half hinges as facial hair), and, if
no one steps on the vocals tile, the music's not too bad, either.

The bad news was that the retail stock is selling out (not many non race
small sets left), and the even worse news was that the Powerhouse members
discount didn't apply to the Lego shop (It's 20% in December and January - I
was hoping for a cheap Millenium Falcon!).

I can probably make it to the Powerhouse (I want to maximise the benefit of
being a member!), not sure about the Southern Highlands (it sounds good though).

Cheers

Richie