 Local / Australia / 4070
Re: Birthday cake and delurk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 06:24:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
My normally Lego disapproving parents* baked me a birthday cake in the shape
of a lego brick for my 33rd Birthday last Saturday.
It was a perfect replica of a 2x2 plate, and was iced in yellow (the easiest
lego colour to match icing wise). It was fantastic. The studs had been cut
out of a second cake with a scone cutter and carefully applied.

Welcome aboard, let your parents know there are Adult Lego Clubs in four
capital cities. Build the field and they will come.

Either by good planning or by sheer luck the proportions were perfect (stud
to plate size, stud spacing, plate thickness).

We may all want birthday cakes now.

January 27 (Saturday) Excursion to Powerhouse with Victorian AFOL's.
January 28 (Sunday) Studfest VII in the Southern Highlands (SW of Sydney).
early April - Studfest VIII.

OTHER shopping excursions/activities to be announced.

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>