 Local / Australia / 4068
Re: Birthday cake and delurk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:30:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
My normally Lego disapproving parents* baked me a birthday cake in the shape
of a lego brick for my 33rd Birthday last Saturday.
It was a perfect replica of a 2x2 plate, and was iced in yellow (the easiest
lego colour to match icing wise). It was fantastic. The studs had been cut
out of a second cake with a scone cutter and carefully applied.

Either by good planning or by sheer luck the proportions were perfect (stud
to plate size, stud spacing, plate thickness).

And for the delurk:

Name:  Richie Dulin
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  3+ (so I can play with the small parts!)
Location:  Sydney, Australia
E-mail Address: rdulin@mailandnews.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  This year
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  1 child (born 1998)
Occupation:  Hard to describe
On Lugnet since:  A while now. On RTL before that.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 231
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: 24634 (approx)
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:none

First LEGO Set:  A basic set (set 700) I received in 1972 (4th Birthday)
Favorite Theme(s): Star Wars displaced Adventurers which displaced Pirates
which displaced Technic. Mostly MOCs though.
Favorite Set(s):  basic set #145
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Red Coated Imperial Guard
Set/theme you would like to see: Colonial India… Red coated soldiers (with
pith helmets), Castles, Temples, Thuggees…
Current LEGO Project:  A massive sorting effort - I've abandoned the sort by
colour method and moved onto the sort by type. Also, theres an aircraft
carrier (80 x 24 studs), which is waiting to be converted into a Calypso
style research vessel.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I won #698 (airliner) and #663 (hovercraft) in
building competitions in 1978.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Cooking, Cattle Spotting

Cheers

Richie

* More of the "He's a bit strange" disapproval type rather than the "no son
of ours who plays with Lego is coming into our house" type.

Welcome to the nut house, would you like to be salted or honey roasted?
Most of us don't go around natural (I HOPE, it is a family forum after
all!), but we definitely consume a lot of ABS brick, among our group!
Glad to hear from you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (or is that BRICKDAY?) and we hope to
hear many a word from you.  If you have any MOCs that you'd like to share,
please feel free!
Best wishes to you!
Aaron (prefers almonds, roasted)
:o)