 Local / Australia / 389
Re: sales status 26/04/2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:42:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I'm not too sure about that being the last of the sales till the end of the
financial year, as we know LEGO will decrease in price with GST, I think
most of the larger stores will try and clear their stocks before the price
drops[1]. This means that we may [wishful thinking, I know] see even better
sales in the next month or 2.

I think so too,I meant leading up to the GST intro rather than post EOFY.

[1] From what I've been led to believe, the stores have to take off the
current sales tax[22%] from the cost of the set to them/what they sell the
set for, and then add the GST. This means that they have overpaid $X in
sales tax, which will be refunded by the government at some stage. However,
until that time, anything bought pre GST, and sold post GST will be losing
them money on their cost price. Therefore, it makes sense for the stores to
clear their sleves before this happens.

Yep, I was thinking along the same lines, we can only hope they do.
Especially with new Adventurers/Town kits coming out, the stores will need
some shelf space. With the projected prices of the bigger SW kits, I guess
these will be limited to the Big Stockers(Big Prices) stores.

Just remember IANAL/accountant, so I could be wrong [and it wouldn't be the
first time :) ]

-pete.w