 Local / Australia / 3461
Re: Set wanted [6465] and reason (and LA does NOT win friends here)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 13:25:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I was up at my local toyworld this morning to check on the status of an
order I had, and I was informed that this store has ceased to deal with LA
(and has cancelled all orders) for the remainder of the year following LA's
poor treatment/refusal to assist the store.

Good for business !

Apparently the store has been trying to get assistance with clearing their
stock of lego [remember the UFO sets [6975 in particular] and how they hung
around...Rock raiders are the same/worse] that was dumped on quite a few of
the smaller toy chains, along with some lines that just don't sell (belville
figures for example...how many people have you seen buy these sets?].

Erina Toyworld have the three medium RR sets for half-price, it's almost a
quarter of their display. When the RR get in somewhere, they get in big time.

I don't know whether they were after LA taking back some of the sets or
giving the store a subsidy to help sell them [like BigW gets for the 2870s
(as if we need them to be subsidised to buy them) and 6568s] as I didn't
ask, but I know that the store has hadd repeated trouble with LA and their
reps when trying to get this set in, phoning them and not getting their
calls returned, and the reps being at least 3 weeks late on visiting the
store (the rep phoned and said they'd be in on the friday of that week. 3
weeks later they still hadn't visited.)

An AFOL I spoke to today, said they got terse phone treatment from LA when
inquiring about a particular set's availability. They were told if you aren't
a retailer, stop annoying us. Guess it's just not members of the public
getting this treatment.

Unfortunately, if LA don't improve their service, they are going to lose a
large number of sales (and possibly outlets if other stores decide that the
treatment they are receiving is unsatisfactory), and I can forsee quite a
few people making use of the on-line ordering of lego when [though "if" is
seeming to be more accurate...I phoned LA about the world club key-ring
problem, and asked about it...It's still in discussion/planning stage] it
becomes available in Aus (though if it is run by LA, then a back order may
take months to come through, with no news from LA about what is happening.)

Anyway...does anyone know where I can get this set? [when I ordered it
(about 2 months ago) I was informed it ws possible to get in, and I needed
it for a trade...and I still need it.]

Do you mean the 6568 ? Some Big W's still have them.

pw